Sport Ireland are on the hunt for a new leader to develop and promote the involvement of women and girls in a range of sports across the country.
From leadership, to participation levels, to driving performance, the Women in Sport lead will contribute to Sport Ireland’s strategy for a world class sports sector.
Reporting to the Director of Participation and Ethics, the successful candidate would be expected to:
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of Sport Ireland’s Women in Sport Policy
- Promote and advocate policy links and strategic actions in areas of crossover between the work of Sport Ireland and that of other Government departments and organisations
- Support the auditing and evaluation of funded initiatives under the Women in Sport Programme
- Work with Sport Ireland Communication’s unit in the promotion of the WIS communications campaigns
- Advise on the development of future initiatives which will enhance the role of WIS and the wider area of inclusion in sport
- Provide leadership & guidance in the development of women’s leadership role in sport, working closely with the Organisational Development and Change unit to enhance the development of Women’s role in sport.
The post-holder will be expected to have at least five years’ experience at a senior management level in the area of sports participation, strategy development and implementation, of which at least three should be within a large organisation operating at national level.
The search is being led by Tanya Madigan of Orange Recruitment and the closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 13th February.