Focus Ireland has today launched a campaign under the hashtag #MovingDay to show the real lives and families behind the homeless figures.
Highlighting the plight of Mums, Dads and children faced with the trauma of losing their home, the video follows a young girl packing up her home to move into temporary hotel accommodation. Watch it here.
- Family homelessness has doubled in less than 3 years in Ireland
- 3 families become homeless every day
- 1 in 10 experiencing homelessness is under 5 years old
- 63% of families who become homeless come directly from private rented accommodation
- In September alone, Focus Ireland made 1,693 emergency bookings for families who had no place to sleep that night
Find out more about the campaign here and share the #MovingDay